The author of Smartphones and beyond is David Wood
David Wood has 25 years experience envisioning, architecting, designing, implementing, and avidly using smart mobile devices. He was co-founder of Symbian, the creator of the world’s first successful smartphone operating system, and served on the leadership team of Psion Software and Symbian from 1996-2009. Subsequently he was Technology Planning Lead / CTO of Accenture Mobility, and is now an independent futurist consultant, speaker, and writer.
He has extensive experience in platform creation, large-scale software development, ecosystem management, writing and presenting, and facilitation of leadership teams. He has an MA in Mathematics from Cambridge University and an honorary doctorate in science from the University of Westminster. In 2009 he was included in T3 magazine’s list of “100 most influential people in technology”. For more details, see LinkedIn.
Outside of work he is chair of London Futurists, an informal meetup organisation with over 7,000 members, dedicated to serious analysis of radical scenarios for the next 3-40 years. He is also Executive Director of the political think tank Transpolitica.
Workshops and presentations
The Delta Wisdom website describes topics where David Wood can be engaged to:
- Facilitate workshops
- Present keynotes
- Catalyse change initiatives
- Tailor research reports
- Deliver TED-style talks.
David Wood can be contacted via any of the following:
Other books written or edited by David Wood
- Transcending Politics: A Technoprogressive Roadmap to a Comprehensively Better Future (Feb 2018)
- The Abolition of Aging: the forthcoming radical extension of healthy human longevity (May 2016)
- Anticipating 2025: A guide to the radical changes that may lie ahead, whether or not we’re ready (June 2014)
- Envisioning Politics 2.0 (June 2015)
- Anticipating tomorrow’s politics (March 2015)